Self taught contemporary artist painter
Graduate Diploma from Kyiv University of Culture & Arts
- Discovery Art Fair. Frankfurt, Germany.
- Solo Exhibition. "Emotions". The Lux Gallery. Abrantes, Portugal.
- Solo Exhibition. "Colors of Nature". Benavente, Portugal. October.
- International Contemporary Art Exhibition. Lux Gallery. Portimao, Portugal.
- Solo Exhibition. "Abstractions". The Lux Gallery. Portimao, Portugal.
- international Exhibition "Paysage" Swiss Art Space. Lausanne, Switzerland.
- "Summer Exhibition" The Old Truman Brewery. London, United Kingdom.
- Sussex Art Fair. Brighton Racecourse. Brighton, United Kingdom.
- Carrousel du Louvre. Paris, France.
- International Exhibition "Nature". Swiss Art Space. Lausanne, Switzerland.
2020 Capsules Book- Curatorial Volume 2. Leaders in Contemporary Art.
2020 Artists & Illustrators magazine- Editor's Pick: Portfolio Plus floral gallery
Private collections in USA, UK, Belgium, Switzerland, Greece, Portugal, Canada, Germany, Ukraine, Argentina, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, South Korea, Monaco, Singapore, Qatar and Dubai
Abstract artist Viktoria Ganhao was born in 1971 in Kyiv, Ukraine. She was raised in an artistic family, and her creativity was encouraged from an early age.
She worked in the Fashion Industry for 17 years and pursued an entrepreneurial career, lived in 7 countries and traveled around the world. In 2016 she decided to fully focus on becoming a full time artist.
As an avid traveler Viktoria uses all new experiences as the greatest source of inspiration for her paintings. Her series of abstract artworks, are a collection of memories, feelings and emotions gathered during her travels. Every painting she creates is a way to pay homage to special places she has been to, transforming them into a journey of storytelling and memoir. However the abstract nature of her art invites the viewer to develop their own interpretation of the work. Each painting has a story to be discovered.
Her painting process is intuitive and begins with a palette of colours and a range of tools, with the intention to make a ground and texture, then continues with adding several layers, colours, switching from brushes to palette knifes, using a wide range of mediums and tools.
She's enjoying a creative freedom in this way of working, because she believes that art is about freedom. Her creative open mind doesn’t allow her to work in only one style or technique, despite the fact that her works always have a commonality.
She has exhibited in solo and group exhibitions, participated in art fairs and festivals and continues to be active in showing her art for different audience as viewers feedback is always a huge source of inspiration.
Viktoria recently moved to Portugal, where she lives and works from her studio in Abrantes.